Friday, October 17, 2008

Welcome - You are What you Eat

Hope you enjoy our crazy, cooky, yet informative health & fitness infatuated blog! What can I say we're a bunch of Personal Trainers. What does that mean exactly - I don't know where to start, read our blog and see for yourself what we are like!


Speaking of which, I've been reading, "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle A Year of Food Life", by Barbara Kingsolver and I highly recommend this book for anyone trying to eat and be healthy! http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com I'm only halfway through and I've already been motivated to check out out where I can buy fresh, local, sustainably grown, organic food. I looked on http://www.localharvest.org and found 1 farm listed in the Bend area (Bishop Farms, 60730 Gosney Rd.). So, I'm gonna try and check it out this weekend. I was hoping to find a CSA (Community Sponsored Agriculture) Farm in Bend but I haven't found one yet. Although I did find a good definition of what a CSA is and why it's important on the Local Harvest website. OK - all this talk about food and I'm getting hungry now, which is typical! So, off to eat my salad with salsa as dressing (my new thing) and yes my Romaine is ogranic. Still working on the other ingredients though.
- Jenny Anderson, Fitness Director

1 comment:

John Neorr said...

Hi Jenny,

Looks good!

Dad